Monday, November 5, 2012

NaNoWriMo Day 1

I'm participating in National Novel Writing Month. I know that it started on the 1st, but that was the day I took the GRE and my mind's been a tad smidge bit fried since then, so I'm starting today.

I'm going to (finally) write out Monstrosity #1. I started writing it (it because I don't even have a name for it yet) when I was 14 (was that really 10 years ago???? Getting old...) and after a few reincarnations, haven't really touched it since my Lost Summer of 2008 (when I hurt my bad really badly and spent the rest of the summer on pain pills which has left me remembering not a whole lot that happened).

I have an outline and in my head, I've plotted this entire story about a gazillion times (approximately) so now it's time to write it.

I know I have a lot going on right now, but I've always had a lot going on and knowing how I want my life to go, I'll always have a lot going on. I have to stop using that as an excuse if I ever want to do anything. That includes writing.

So I'm doing NaNoWriMo. 50,000 words in the next 30 days. That comes out to approximately 1,666.67 words a day (and now that my GRE is over and done with, may this be the last mathematical problem I ever have to solve!) Some days I'll write more; others I'll write less, but by December 1, I hope Monstrosity #1 becomes an actual story...with an actual name.

No comments:

Post a Comment