Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Potpourri Post

A little bit of a lot in this post...hence the name

Currently Reading: 

Bible Reading:
I'm now 2/3 of the way done as I finished Romans yesterday and started 1 Corinthians today. Now firmly in the New Testament, I'm starting to feel some optimism again, but I have so many questions that don't have answers. Maybe because no one who actually wrote these books thought to question or maybe because they had the answer and didn't worry about it, but there's a lot I don't know. I don't like not knowing because how am I supposed to believe in something where I have more questions than answers. I know I'm supposed to have faith and the like, but if I can't answer the questions for myself, how am I supposed to answer it if someone else has something they want to know? 

Well, that's how I feel about that, but as I get further and as I branch out and learn more about other religions and the history of that time period, maybe I'll figure some things out. 

My Gap Year:
Still going strong. Experiencing some rad things, learning a lot, and building my skill set. Can't go wrong with any of that. I've also almost completed my Gap Year To-Do List, which I'm excited about. Should be done with just about all of it in January, but I'm sure there'll be more to add after that. 

Writing:
I'm falling behind in the NaNoWriMo, but that's because I've been making my academic push to and through Thanksgiving. I have a lot due and still trying to put the last touches on M.F.A. apps, so haven't had a lot of time to work on Mute. I have however, figured out a name for the last Creative Portfolio story (Family Portrait), and have figured out the direction I want to go with Monstrosity #5 (the first in a series of stories that I'm calling Prep at the moment) 

Should be done with the last of my work that's due before Thanksgiving tomorrow, then I'll have 9 or so glorious days of writing bliss because as I have stopped doing homework on Saturday and Sunday, the same goes for holidays as well. I will reach my goal of 50,000 words. I'll be a little late and probably working some into December, but it's going to happen.

All for now. Back to homework for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment