Monday, December 31, 2012

Prompted: The Best Part About Writing Fiction Is...



The Best Part About Writing Fiction Is …
July 8, 2011

Finish this sentence: The best part about writing fiction is …

The best part about writing fiction is being able to leave reality and enter a world you’ve created. The characters act how I want them to act and they do what I want them to do. It can be a powerful feeling at times when real life is anything but controllable.

When I was at my worst and when my Agoraphobia was at its strongest, I could write for twelve and sometimes sixteen hours a day. I hated the situation I was in, but I loved being able to remove myself from it as I wrote.

It’s probably no comparison to talking to a therapist or being medicated, but writing is my coping mechanism when life gets too hard. I got to write about characters falling in love, something I’ve never really done. People got to be happy when I felt miserable.

This will be my best and favorite part about writing fiction for a while. When people start reading what I write, find themselves transported into the world I created and not wanting to put down the book and leave, then that will become the best and favorite part.  


Check out this prompt and other Writing Digest prompts here.

No comments:

Post a Comment