Monday, February 4, 2013

Prompted: I Suspect She Is Far Away From Here By Now


SPAM prompt line: I suspect she is far away from here by now.

November 17, 2007
 
Think back to a time of departure, when someone was traveling out of your life, either temporarily or for good. The someone doesn’t have to be female, and it doesn’t have to be at Thanksgiving or any other holiday. The point is to evoke and explore that sense of distance.


Now
 

I used to be a dreamer
One who thought life could only get better
Instead things only became harder
And I became bitter
 
Remembering how things once were
Made the present unbearable
Made any talks of future a waste of time
Kept me searching only for a way out
 
Now only a shell of my former self
 I still remember what used to be
The old me was a dreamer
But I suspect she is far away from here by now
 
Check out this and other Writing Digest prompts here 

No comments:

Post a Comment