Friday, November 1, 2013

2013 November PAD Chapbook Challenge

Did I mention that I'm also trying Writer's Digest's 2013 November PAD (Poem a Day) Chapbook Challenge (link to the guidelines here)

Because I'm doing that as well ("all things in moderation" is a phrase I have no experience with).

Day one's prompt was to write an appearing poem. The tailend of my experience with Dysphonia inspired mine. Here it is:


Appear
It was months of therapy
Months of stretches
Months of exercises
Of retraining
All to make a voice reappear that had remained silent for far too long
All to make me normal again
No luck on the aaaaaas
Or the oooooos

Still whispered
Still no voice
Day after day
Week after week
Month after month
Perhaps it wasn't meant to be
Month four
Still nothing
Maybe there would never be again

First the aaaaaas
Nothing
Then the oooooos
Nothing
The eeeeees come next
Something
Finally something
Then a tear escapes my eye
Not of joy or sadness
The first true sound in 19 months exits my mouth
A blessing in spite of the excruciating pain 

Thank you for taking the time to read my latest entry. Please feel free to follow and never miss another post by clicking here.

You can also email me by clicking here or follow me at  the following social media sites: Facebook Google+ LinkedIn Twitter   

Thanks again for reading 
Alana


No comments:

Post a Comment