Friday, November 1, 2013

NaNoWriMo Day One

So I'm participating in the National Novel Writing Month again (my participant's page is here). I made it about halfway through last year before I had something major due in every class the third week of November.

This year, everything has appeared to align perfectly, so I'm taking the plunge and I hope to make the whole month.

At the end of day one, I'm 3,505 words into The Other Side, which is a rewrite of a monstrosity that I started writing over five years ago. I'm not sure if rewriting a full-length story counts as a NaNoWriMo-related story, but that's what my mind has been trending on for the last several months, so I decided to give it a go.

The story, in a nutshell, is about two high school juniors from two totally different worlds who have to go through the trials and drama of life. Throughout it all, they both come to terms that life isn't always better and the grass isn't always greener on the other side.

If nothing else, getting so much done today might help later on when I'm not able to write as much for one reason or another, but my aim is to reach that 50,000 word goal.

NaNoWriMo: Take 3!

Thank you for taking the time to read my latest entry. Please feel free to follow and never miss another post by clicking here.

You can also email me by clicking here or follow me at  the following social media sites: Facebook Google+ LinkedIn Twitter   

Thanks again for reading 
Alana

No comments:

Post a Comment