Tuesday, October 7, 2014

100 Word Challenge For Grown Ups: ...as I rose in the dark...

100wcgu-7 

This week's prompt from the 100 Word Challenge For Grown Ups posted on Julia's Place is "...as I rose in the dark..."

As I rose in the dark, I heard your key turning in the lock. I woke to get some water, but as I heard you bumping around in the kitchen, I'm no longer thirsty. Instead, I stay in bed and roll to face the wall as you make your way into the bedroom. With a heavy sigh, you sit on the bed and take off your shoes before slipping into the covers. 

You no longer care enough to bother washing her perfume off of you. 

It no longer bothers me enough to care.




Thank you for taking the time to read my latest entry. Please feel free to follow and never miss another post by clicking here.

You can also email me by clicking here or follow me at  the following social media sites: Facebook Google+ LinkedIn Pinterest Twitter  

Thanks again for reading 
Alana

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! This is very intense, and very well written.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been there but I hope for you this is just very well-written fiction x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily, it's just fiction for me. I'm sorry you've been there before.

      Delete