Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books/Movies To Read Or Watch To Get In The Halloween Spirit

 

This week's Top Ten list from The Broke and the Bookish: Top Ten Books/Movies To Read Or Watch To Get In The Halloween Spirit

*Note: I didn't really grow up watching horror movies or scary books. Casper and Goosebumps are about as far as I got (which may be why I could only think of eight instead of ten), but I would love to hear any recommendations*

1. The Craft: I don't think this is a scary movie, but I loved loved loved it growing up. Had to have rented it from Blockbuster (remember that store, guys?) at least 12-15 times over the course of a couple of years. Every time it was movie-rental time, that was my go-to film.

2. Goosebumps: I loved reading these growing up. I even had a few of them, but they've mysteriously gone missing over the years. I don't have any left unfortunately, but there were many Halloween seasons in the past that started with reading whichever Goosebumps book I could get my hands on.

3. Beetlejuice: DAY-O! I catch that movie every time I can on TV. Once again, not a scary movie, but I loved it growing up.

4. What Lies Beneath: so this one is a bonafide horror movie (I think) and one of the very few that I haven't minded watching more than once. Maybe because it had elements of suspense in there as well, which I like more than I like straight-out horror flicks. I may look that one up on Netflix and watch is again at some point this week (if I have the time).

5. Insert any title by Stephen King here: For me, it's Carrie, which I read for the first time around Halloween time in I want to say sixth or seventh grade, but I know most of his books would fit right into this list. Weirdly, this is the time of year that I like reading his books or listening to the audiobook versions.

6. Now and Then: a stretch, I know, but the mystery of the girls finding out what happened to Crazy Pete's family and the seance scene with Dear Johnny count...right...? Well, it does for me.

7.  Are You Afraid Of The Dark: I know it's a TV show and not a movie, but oh my goodness, in all of its Snick glory, I will find a couple of episode on the Youtube and watch them this Friday!

8. Casper: I actually only saw this movie for the first time in 2012 when I was working at a daycare, but I finally got to see what all my childhood fans used to rave about because a lot of them would get together and watch Casper after going trick or treating.

Happy Halloween!!!

Thank you for taking the time to read my latest entry. Please feel free to follow and never miss another post by clicking here

You can also email me by clicking here or follow me at  the following social media sites: Facebook Google+ LinkedIn Pinterest Twitter   

Thanks again for reading 
Alana

No comments:

Post a Comment