Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Places Books Have Made Me Want To Visit

 

This week's Top Ten list from The Broke and the Bookish: Top Ten Places Books Have Made Me Want To Visit 

1. Paris, France: I'm trying to think of stories I have read that use Paris as a setting and can only think of Danielle Steel's Zoya off the top of my head (Zoya and her grandmother settle in Paris after exile from Russia). Since I read this one when I was so young (I was 11 I think), I can say it was one of my first introductions to Paris
2. London, England: I think Bridget Jones's Diary is the first story I read set in London, but there are so many movies that I have seen from there (Spiceworld anyone?), so I think it's a mix of both that make me want to visit London and the U.K. as a whole.

3. Italy: Eat Pray Love and before that, Under The Tuscan Sun has made all of Italy a must-visit location. Maybe if I can manage to get to Paris or London, I'll make it a European adventure and visit many places while I'm over there.

4. New York City: so many books I have read are at least partially set in NYC (including Zoya come to think of it), but I absolutely must visit NYC at least once in my life. Have to. 

5. Genovia: granted, I only read the first two books of The Princess Diaries series and have only seen the first movie, but Genovia seems like it would be my kind of place if it actually existed. 

6. Whistle Stop, Alabama: I've been in the south my whole life, so there aren't many places in the region that I will necessarily want to visit (especially if I can go somewhere else) but Whistle Stop may be an exception to that rule. Though I don't see myself settling down in one, I like visiting small, unique towns and Whistle Stop is both. 

7. Lake Quinault: This is where Sidda goes in Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood after the New York Times interview. I would love to spend some relaxing time in a cabin by the lake (but hopefully not right after an interview causes a huge family row of course...) 

8 & 9. Greece and Pennsylvania: I placed these two together since they're both from the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series. Greece, of course is where Lena's grandparents live and Bridget works at a soccer camp in Pennsylvania. I'm a huge history nut, and both places (in their own granted since Greece has a few thousand years on Pennsylvania) have such a rich history, so visiting will quench my wanderlust as well as my need to visit historical places.

10. Stars Hollow: I'm totally cheating right now since Gilmore Girls is a show and not a book, but I'd absolutely love to visit that quirky little town, stay at the Dragonfly Inn, and grab a bite at Luke's Diner if any of it existed.



Thank you for taking the time to read my latest entry. Please feel free to follow and never miss another post by clicking here

You can also email me by clicking here or follow me at  the following social media sites: Facebook Google+ LinkedIn Pinterest Twitter   

Thanks again for reading 
Alana

No comments:

Post a Comment