Sunday, November 2, 2014

Am I NaNo-ing? Sorta....

Once again, it's November. That means that it's once again time for NaNoWriMo...and NaPoWriMo...and (I just found out) NaNonFiWriMo. 

That's a lot of writing. 

But once again, I'm going to attempt the NaNoWriMo challenge of writing 50,000 words in thirty days. It will be my third year of actually trying to do this. 

The last two years, I haven't made it past day 15 before something inevitably got in the way. 

After two failed attempts, I'm trying something new this time around. I am going to do the challenge and I will try to write regularly, but the goal is not to hit 50,000 words. Or to even write every day. My one goal for this year is to be further along in my story at the end of the month than I was at the beginning. 

I figured out something that most people have already figured out: I can't bite off too much at once. Otherwise, I feel too overwhelmed and shut down. Yes, I'm just now getting this. (Better late than never though, right?) 

This year, I'll be working on a monstrosity (nicknamed due to their lengths moreso than the actual content...most of which I wrote so long ago I don't even remember what I wrote anymore) of mine that I started at 18. I made it through two full-length stories with these characters and was well on my way through a third one before I stopped working on it. Lately, these characters just will not leave me alone, so I guess they're ready to come out and play again. 

It won't be a revision, but an all-out rewrite. I'm not sure how much of the original I'll actually be able to use, but I don't think it'll be too much.

I actually can't tell you what the story is about yet. I'm not trying to be secretive. I just haven't made it that far in my planning yet. However, I do know how I want things to start and end (I think).   






So am I NaNo-ing? Sorta...at least, that's the goal.

Good luck to everyone else NaNo-ing, Po-ing, NonFi-ing or any other NaWri-ing! 



Thank you for taking the time to read my latest entry. Please feel free to follow and never miss another post by clicking here.

You can also email me by clicking here or follow me at  the following social media sites: Facebook Google+ LinkedIn Pinterest Twitter  

Thanks again for reading 
Alana

No comments:

Post a Comment