Thursday, November 27, 2014

Closure

Closure

You were the one who caused the rift
With me
The one who inflicted this pain
On me

Rewriting history and pretending to miss me now
Won't change those facts

You were the one who said goodbye
To me
The one who turned your back
On me 

The one who issued the ultimatums
In your failed attempt to control me

I don't wish you ill
But I don't wish you well
I just wish to finally be free
And move on with my life instead

This was never my wish
And it was never ideal
But you made your bed, now sleep in it
And let me finally heal 


Thank you for taking the time to read my latest entry. Please feel free to follow and never miss another post by clicking here.

You can also email me by clicking here or follow me at  the following social media sites: Facebook Google+ LinkedIn Pinterest Twitter  

Thanks again for reading 
Alana

2 comments:

  1. This poem is so real! This poem literally describes how a friendship with a guy (I thought) I knew ended. Great work! Keep it up! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for reading. And I'm sorry to hear about your friendship. It's tough letting go of friends, especially if you've been close for awhile.

      Delete