Monday, November 17, 2014

Musing Mondays: November 17


MusingMondays5


Each week, MizB over at Should Be Reading asks six reading-related topics for bloggers to choose from.

This week's topic: Tell us what you’re reading right now — what you think of it, so far; why you chose it; what you are (or, aren’t) enjoying it.


I've just started J.D. Salinger's The Catcher In The Rye. Like just started. Chapter 1 started, so I'm not sure what to think of it so far. I chose it because this was one of the books assigned to me in high school that I never read. I actually went out to Half Price and bought this one as soon as I saw it on the syllabus I was that excited, but by the time it was time to read, I had all but checked out on high school. 

It's been on my bookshelf for almost ten years now and I've always wanted to read it, I just haven't until now. 

The way I remember the discussions going, people said that Holden was the male equivalent of Esther Greenwood and The Catcher In The Rye is the male equivalent of The Bell Jar. The jury's still out on that one, but I hope I'll enjoy it. Either way, I'll be crossing off one of the longest occupants off of my to-read list. 

Hopefully, I'll have this one done by Thanksgiving break. That's the plan for now at least. I'll let you guys know how I think about it once I'm done. 


Thank you for taking the time to read my latest entry. Please feel free to follow and never miss another post by clicking here

You can also email me by clicking here or follow me at  the following social media sites: Facebook Google+ LinkedIn Pinterest Twitter   

Thanks again for reading 
Alana

4 comments:

  1. I've never read this. School never made me read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of my friends didn't have to either, but I was in AP while they were in regular or LEAP classes, so that may have been why.

      Delete
  2. This is one of those books I've meant to read for years but never have - I hope you've managed to progress past chapter 1 and you're enjoying it!

    http://cleopatralovesbooks.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read that book for the first time a couple of months ago. Honestly, it was not my favorite. It was only okay. I just think it's really overrated.

    ReplyDelete