Monday, November 24, 2014

Musing Mondays: November 24



MusingMondays5



Each week, MizB over at Should Be Reading asks six reading-related topics for bloggers to choose from.

This week's topic: Do you have a bookish rant? Something about books or reading (or the industry) that gets your ire up?

So this isn't really a bookish rant per se, but I do have a problem with movie commercials and trailers. If it's an adaptation from a Nicholas Sparks novel or a John Green novel, we know that from the get-go. If it's a lesser-known author, however, we may find out it's an adaptation in the closing credits. 

This is an issue for a couple of reasons: one, I like to read the story before seeing the movie. Of course, I can always consult The Google to find out if a movie that I want to see is an adaptation, but I think that should be revealed no matter who the author is. That leads me to my second reason: someone worked hard to write it and probably even harder to get it published. If their work has been adapted, they should get credit for it just like the actors, directors, and whoever else.

It's an easy fix. Just say adapted from a _________ by __________ somewhere during the commercial. I hope they start doing this and soon. Give the authors some love!

Thank you for taking the time to read my latest entry. Please feel free to follow and never miss another post by clicking here

You can also email me by clicking here or follow me at  the following social media sites: Facebook Google+ LinkedIn Pinterest Twitter   

Thanks again for reading 
Alana

7 comments:

  1. What a great idea and this is something I've noticed so I'm pleased you've highlighted this in your Musing Monday.

    http://cleopatralovesbooks.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not the only one who has noticed this. Don't see it discussed often, so I was wondering if this mattered to anyone else.

      Delete
  2. I have noticed that and I definitely agree!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I wasn't the only one to notice. Never really hear anyone else talking about it, so I was wondering if I was just making a bigger deal out of it than it actually is.

      Delete
  3. I think it's not a big part of the trailers because unless the author has some cachet, most people don't care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know most don't care if it's not a big name author. It kind of reminds me of actors who are starring in the movie, but aren't known. They always get the "and introducing _______" I figure if the trailers can take the time for that, they can take five seconds to say "adapted from the _______ by ______" Maybe one day.

      Delete
  4. There are so many movies that I would have never thought were adapted. I just happen to be someone who likes watching the end credits, so I'm often shocked to find out that the movie was adapted from a story.

    ReplyDelete