Monday, November 3, 2014

Musing Mondays: November 3





MusingMondays5


Each week, MizB over at Should Be Reading asks six reading-related topics for bloggers to choose from.

This week's topic: Tell us what book(s) you recently bought for yourself or someone else, and why you chose that/those book(s).

It wasn't that recent...and I didn't buy it (my mom did after we got our wires crossed...I was just trying to figure out a way to pay for some novels online without having to pay separate S/H for each one and next thing I knew, they were ordered...love it when a plan comes together), but I'll talk about Marilynne Robinson's Gilead.

Gilead is one of six novels that we read for my Forms of Fiction class, so I didn't choose it, but I loved this book. It was by far my favorite book from the class. Though it took me listening to the author being interviewed on NPR to really grasp what it was about, once I got into it, I couldn't put it down. 

While I didn't choose to read it, I'm glad I did and I can't wait to get my hands on the prequel to it, Lila.  

Thank you for taking the time to read my latest entry. Please feel free to follow and never miss another post by clicking here

You can also email me by clicking here or follow me at  the following social media sites: Facebook Google+ LinkedIn Pinterest Twitter   

Thanks again for reading 
Alana

No comments:

Post a Comment