Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Characters You Wish Would Get Their OWN Book

 

This week's Top Ten list from The Broke and the Bookish: Top Ten Characters You Wish Would Get Their OWN Book (minor or just maybe a semi main character you wish a book was from their POV)


1. Teensy's family (specifically Genevieve) from The Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood: I know the novel is specifically about the Ya-Yas, but I would love to know more about Genevieve. She seemed so unique and before her time. It would be cool to see her as a teenager or as a young woman raising Teensy and Jack.

2. Brian McBrian from The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants: if only because I'd like to know why on earth he loved that arcade game so much. That, and his take on his and Tibby's relationship woes in the third and fourth books. (The fifth as well, but I won't spoil what happens if you haven't read Sisterhood Everlasting yet...by the way, you totally should if you haven't.)

3. Doreen from The Bell Jar: I would love to know what happened to her as the 60s continued to progress. Did she continue to rebel against the norm, or did she finally conform to the early 60s standards? In the future, does she remain before her times or did she just blend in?

4. Septimus Warren-Smith from Mrs. Dalloway: I would love to see a prequel about his pre-World War I life in England and why he decided to join the army (or if he got to decide that). Maybe seeing him back then would make the life we do see in Mrs. Dalloway that much more tragic, but it's important to know the horrific consequences and casualties of war.

5. Lila from Gilead: turns out this one is cheating since a prequel has just been released focusing on her (I get my wish! Yay!) However, when I was reading Gilead, I didn't know about Lila yet, so...not exactly cheating...right?

6. Laura Brown's family from The Hours: if I talk about Mrs. Dalloway, I can't forget about The Hours. We see what became of Richie, but I've always wondered how life without Laura was for Dan and the daughter that she eventually left behind.

7. Either Mary or Lydia from Pride and Prejudice: do they ever get married? Do they even want to get married? Or are they fine with life with their parents at Longbourn?

8. Charlotte from Pride and Prejudice: but for a different reason than the unmarried Bennet sisters. Was married life all she hoped it would be? She only wanted a comfortable life and thought she could get that with William Collins, but did she want more after all? Is being comfortable with someone more important than loving them?

9. Dan from the Cedar Cove series (the novels, not the TV shows) : I make that difference because Dan's fate is different in the novels than in the series. In the novels, Dan was a Vietnam vet who was never able to let go of what happened during the war. It would be interesting to see what happened while he was serving and his inability to move on once he was back in the states in his perspective.

10. Eleanor from The Haunting of Hill House: I know I never actually got into the story as a whole, but Eleanor was a very interesting, very unique character that I would have liked to know more about before she arrived at Hill House. The novel goes into where she was staying beforehand, but I would like to know more to better understand what all transpired once she actually arrived at Hill House. 


Thank you for taking the time to read my latest entry. Please feel free to follow and never miss another post by clicking here

You can also email me by clicking here or follow me at  the following social media sites: Facebook Google+ LinkedIn Pinterest Twitter   

Thanks again for reading 
Alana

No comments:

Post a Comment