Monday, July 13, 2015

100 Word Challenge For Grown Ups: …but you need cash…

100wcgu-7 
This week's prompt from the 100 Word Challenge For Grown Ups posted on Julia's Place is "…but you need cash…"



You promised to never return once you finally escaped. The door is always open, they told you, but you make sure to forget that little fact as you drove away from the little yellow house at the end of the bend. It’s five years before you’re forced to remember their parting words and return.

You don’t want to go inside, but you need the cash. You sit down on the tattered couch and accept the iced tea they offer. As you sip, you count the seconds before the money is in your hand and you can drive away once more.  


Thank you for taking the time to read my latest entry. Please feel free to follow and never miss another post by clicking here.

You can also email me by clicking here or follow me at  the following social media sites: 

Thanks again for reading 
Alana

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for taking part in 100WCGU. I like the tension in this piece & have so many questions - who are they, why do they have the money what is the history? Great piece!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the feedback. I'm beginning to wonder about who they are and what their history are as well. I think I'm going to keep going with this one and see where it takes me. Thanks for the awesome prompt!

      Delete