Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Last Ten Books That Came Into My Possession (bought, library, review copies)

 

This week's Top Ten list from The Broke and the Bookish: Last Ten Books That Came Into My Possession (bought, library, review copies)

1. The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz: came into my possession after a friend from class let me borrow it. Only at the first chapter (read the prologue) and already seeing why so many of my classmates gush about it.

2. Lila by Marilynne Robinson: came into my possession after I borrowed it from the library. Just starting it, but I'm already loving getting to know more about Lila and her life before she met The Reverend.

3. Love Letters by Debbie Macomber: came into my possession after I borrowed it from the library.Will start it as soon as I finished one of the first two mentioned.

4. The Real-Life MBA by Jack and Suzy Welch: came into my possession after borrowing the e-book from my library (first e-book I'm borrowing in this fashion, but seeing how many books they have in their catalogs to read or listen to, it won't be the last) 

5, 6, & 7. The Innovator's Dilemma by Clayton M. Christensen, Here Comes Everybody by Clay Shirky, and Jab, Jab, Jab, Right Hook by Gary Vaynerchuk: came into my possession at the same time after borrowing them from the library at the end of the spring semester for some professional development. 

8, 9, & 10. Summerland by Elin Hilderbrand, The Clue is in the Pudding by Kate Kingsbury, and Leaving Blue Bayou by JoAnn Ross: these and one more book came into my possession after my mother bought them for my birthday with the words "something for you to read for pleasure in your free time" Still haven't figured out if she was being serious or if these are gag gifts...free time...read for pleasure...yeah.... 


Thank you for taking the time to read my latest entry. Please feel free to follow and never miss another post by clicking here

You can also email me by clicking here or follow me at  the following social media sites: 

Thanks again for reading 
Alana

2 comments:

  1. Love Letters sounds really good! I'll have to look that one up on Goodreads.
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a big fan of Debbie's "Cedar Cove" series, and the Rose Harbor series ("Love Letters" is the 3rd in that series) is a continuation of that. I think it'll be a good and easy end-of-summer read before classes start back.

    ReplyDelete