Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Hyped Books I've Never Read

 

This week's Top Ten list from The Broke and the Bookish: Top Ten Hyped Books I've Never Read 

1. The Harry Potter series: yep. The whole series. They got huge where I lived when I was in seventh grade, but my attentions were focused elsewhere: A Farewell To Arms, The Bell Jar, and Mrs. Dalloway to be specific. The joys of having a library card to a library that didn't a YA section back in the day. 

2. The Lord Of The Rings series: yep. The whole series. I'd never heard of them before the movies started coming out in eighth grade...which was dedicated to reading The Hours and The Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood over and over again.

3. The Twilight series: yep...well, you get it. No idea how I missed the boat on this one, but I did. Seen all the movies though. So I'm not completely lost. 

4. The Divergent series: this wouldn't be a big deal for me, but I read and really enjoyed the Hunger Games series. Because of that, people tell me I'll like Divergent et. al as well. I may actually put these on my to-read list. 

5. Jane Eyre: so I'm not sure if this was hyped or not, but it sure has been assigned in more than one of my classes and I still haven't read it (bless you Spark Notes) 

6. Les Misérables: same as number 5, but with the musical and its award winning adaptation, it was really hyped a couple of years back. I think I own it, so I'll get to it one of these days. 

7. The Da Vinci Code: I'm just throwing this one out there because any book that becomes a movie starring Tom Hanks is probably a big deal. Not really into thrillers, so I don't know if I'll be reading this one.

8. Little Women: I've actually tried to start this one a few times, but never stuck with it. I'll find the audio version and listen to it. 

9. Charlotte's Web: am I reaching on this one? I'm not sure, but seeing the movie once wrecked me for week, so I've steered clear of the book. 

10. The Catcher In The Rye: another one of those assigned books that I just didn't read. This time, from my senior semester. Actually wanted to read this one when it was assigned, but I was so ready to be done with high school that I did just enough to pass and leave. I may have just enough time to read this one before classes start back and my pleasure reading time will be at a minimum.  



Thank you for taking the time to read my latest entry. Please feel free to follow and never miss another post by clicking here

You can also email me by clicking here or follow me at  the following social media sites: 

Thanks again for reading 
Alana

No comments:

Post a Comment