Wednesday, July 15, 2015

WWW Wednesday: July 15


IMG_1384-0
 
Each week, Sam over at Taking on a World of Words asks the following three questions: 
What are you currently reading? 
What did you recently finish reading? 
What do you think you’ll read next?

• What are you currently reading?







Still reading Marilynne Robinson's Lila (and loving it) as well as The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz, which a friend let me borrow it after hearing I haven't read it yet. It's the book everyone in my program has been gushing over, so I put it in my to-read list. Just starting it, so verdict's still out.

• What did you recently finish reading?


Haven't finished reading anything new since last week's post other than some short stories and poems that I've been reading for a lit journal and website that I read for.

• What do you think you’ll read next?


Debbie Macomber's Love Letters is still on deck to be followed by J.D. Salinger's The Catcher In The Rye (finally) as well as Harper Lee's Go Set A Watchman, which I have placed a hold on. Attempting to avoid others' commentary. Really wanting to get my hands on the book and form my own opinions on it. Hopefully, I'll get to before classes start. I'm taking two lit classes and two history classes, so that plus lit journal/website work plus job-work will equal not a whole lot of time to read for fun unless there's an audiobook for it.


Thank you for taking the time to read my latest entry. Please feel free to follow and never miss another post by clicking here

You can also email me by clicking here or follow me at  the following social media sites: 

Thanks again for reading 
Alana

6 comments:

  1. I'm doing my best to steer clear of any comments/spoilers about Go Set A Watchman because I want to find time to re-read To Kill a Mockingbird first. I think it'll be a struggle, as news about it seems to be everywhere!
    Here's my WWW post: https://clairehuston.wordpress.com/2015/07/15/www-wednesday-15th-july-2015/
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in the same boat. If I'm reading an article or something and see the word "Go" I click back immediately. I don't even want to chance being spoiled before I get a chance to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am one of those who has decided I don't want to read Go Set A Watchman because I worried that it would spoil such a special book - so have listened and read the commentary - I do hope you manage to avoid it all so you can get the most from your read. Here is my Wednesday post https://cleopatralovesbooks.wordpress.com/2015/07/15/this-week-in-books-july-15/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of the people I know feel the same way you do. I'm just too curious not to. I was able to place it on hold at the library and it's ready for me to pick it up, so hopefully I only have a couple more days left of avoiding. It's harder than I thought. :)

      Delete
  4. I enjoy Debbie Macomber's books. I also want to read Go Set A Watchman!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you read any of the "Rose Harbor" series yet?

      Delete