Wednesday, July 22, 2015

WWW Wednesday: July 22


IMG_1384-0
 
Each week, Sam over at Taking on a World of Words asks the following three questions: 
What are you currently reading? 
What did you recently finish reading? 
What do you think you’ll read next?

• What are you currently reading?

I'm still on Marilynne Robinson's Lila and Junot Diaz's The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao. I'm also listening Alisa Valdes-Rodriguez's The Dirty Girls Social Club (thank goodness for audiobooks)

• What did you recently finish reading?


Haven't finished anything since last week, but by this time next week, I should be done with everything I'm currently reading/listening to. It's been a busy last few weeks, so I haven't had a lot of time to read lately.

• What do you think you’ll read next?


I've got a couple of books to read and write reviews for (I hope), but I'm hoping to listen to J.D. Salinger's The Catcher in the Rye. We also got our first couple of books assigned to us for one of my classes, so I may go ahead and start reading them before classes start.


Thank you for taking the time to read my latest entry. Please feel free to follow and never miss another post by clicking here

You can also email me by clicking here or follow me at  the following social media sites: 

Thanks again for reading 
Alana

4 comments:

  1. I came to The Catcher in the Rye very late in life (one of those books I claimed to have read when I hadn't!) and wasn't disappointed.
    Here's my WWW: http://clairehuston.wordpress.com/2015/07/22/www-wednesday-22nd-july-2015/
    Happy reading! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same. We were supposed to read it in 12th grade, but I just read through the Cliff Notes and called it a day :~/ Can't wait to really read it...or listen to it.

      Delete
  2. This week I've listened to two audiobooks! I tried listening to Great Expectations, but I just couldn't. I kind of like this method of reading, but then I don't like it because I can't highlight any quotations to reference later. Happy reads!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Audiobooks got me through a couple of semesters of school, Now, I stick to physical books for school, but audiobooks help me plow through my to-read list and allow me to keep up with required readings for school.

      Delete