Wednesday, July 8, 2015

WWW Wednesdays: July 8


IMG_1384-0
 
Each week, Sam over at Taking on a World of Words asks the following three questions: 
What are you currently reading? 
What did you recently finish reading? 
What do you think you’ll read next?


• What are you currently reading?

I'm currently reading Lila by Marilynne Robinson. I read Gilead this past fall in my Forms of Fiction class. I originally wasn't feeling it, but once I got into it, I fell in love. It was actually the only book from that class that I really enjoyed. The class's focus was genre, so we basically read one book in each of the major U.S. genres, including fantasy, speculative fiction, and horror, which aren't my scene.

• What did you recently finish reading?


I've been reading a lot of books/e-books this summer as professional development and Clayton M. Christensen's The Innovator's Dilemma is the last one I've finished. For a little bit, I was looking to add a minor in Entrepreneurial Journalism, but have since changed my mind. Instead, I found out the books each class uses and added them to my professional development to-read list so I can still learn what the minor has to offer. This frees my time to add a cross-disciplinary option in History (but that's a different story for a different time)

• What do you think you’ll read next?


I checked out Debbie Macomber's Love Letters (again) with the intentions of reading it while I have some free time (again). Hopefully, I'll follow through this time around.


Thank you for taking the time to read my latest entry. Please feel free to follow and never miss another post by clicking here

You can also email me by clicking here or follow me at  the following social media sites: 

Thanks again for reading 
Alana

No comments:

Post a Comment