Monday, August 24, 2015

Monday Musings: Back To School Fall 2015


My long national nightmare is over: school is back in session! I'm jazzed to get back in the swing of things and get a start on this semester's classes. For the fall, I'm taking:
  • African-American Literature 1850-1900
  • Amiri Baraka and the Black Arts Movement
  • Civil Rights Movement
  • Women and Social Movements

Yes. That's four classes, which is a little crazy on the grad school level (or so I've heard), but three out of the four classes are online and the fourth is an afternoon class. But yeah, I'm super excited about my courses and can't wait to get started. 

I'm also really excited because after this semester, I only need one more class before earning my certificate in African-American Literature. Also, I'm officially starting on a new program. I originally came in working on a Lit Studies option, but I switched to the Cross-Disciplinary option over the summer. By taking six classes from the History department, I'll be able to teach History on the college/university level after earning my Masters. Moreover, I just love History and finding a way to fit it into my program and still being able to graduate on time is pretty awesome.

This semester will be a test, but I think I'll be okay. One of my focuses for this year and last has been time management. Learning how to prioritize my need-to-dos (do well in school, work, etc.) and still giving myself enough time to enjoy some want-to-dos (traveling, catching football games, reading for pleasure) has been vital and good training as I continue to work towards a career. 

And because I'm a stickler for (some) traditions: my back-to-school tradition is listening to "Back To School" from Grease 2...yes, I like Grease 2. It's not nearly as bad as people have accused it of being...enjoy!




Thank you for taking the time to read my latest entry. Please feel free to follow and never miss another post by clicking here.

You can also email me by clicking here or follow me at  the following social media sites: Facebook Google+ Instagram LinkedIn Pinterest Twitter  

Thanks again for reading 
Alana

No comments:

Post a Comment