Wednesday, August 19, 2015

WWW Wednesday: August 19


IMG_1384-0
 
Each week, Sam over at Taking on a World of Words asks the following three questions: 
What are you currently reading? 
What did you recently finish reading? 
What do you think you’ll read next?

• What are you currently reading?

I'm currently reading Marlon James's A Brief History of Seven Killings. I'm just getting started and it's close to seven hundred pages, so I'm hoping to get through this within the next couple of weeks before I get slammed with assigned readings. I'm also listening to J.D Salinger's The Catcher In The Rye. It's only about seven hours, so I'll be finished by this time next week.

• What did you recently finish reading?


I finished reading/listening to Junot Diaz's The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao (more on that later...) I also made it through about 25 journal submission pieces. I'll be doing a lot of reading for journals the next few months, but I'm very excited for it (more excited about reading for journals than submitting to them...more on that later as well)

• What do you think you’ll read next?


Next up is more journal submissions for the most part. I'll also get the chance to listen to August Wilson's American Century Cycle thanks to WNYC. I've been wanting to read them in order since being assigned The Piano Lesson. I'll most likely spend my weekend listening to the whole cycle. Also got my first two assigned books for my 1850-1900 class (Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass and Incidents in the Life of a Slave Girl), so I'll probably get a head start on reading or listening to them.


Thank you for taking the time to read my latest entry. Please feel free to follow and never miss another post by clicking here

You can also email me by clicking here or follow me at  the following social media sites: 

Thanks again for reading 
Alana

No comments:

Post a Comment