Wednesday, August 26, 2015

WWW Wednesday: August 26


IMG_1384-0
 
Each week, Sam over at Taking on a World of Words asks the following three questions: 
What are you currently reading? 
What did you recently finish reading? 
What do you think you’ll read next?

• What are you currently reading?

I'm currently finishing up listening to August Wilson's American Cycle (which has been amazing. So glad I was able to keep the summer goal of getting through all ten of the plays). I'm also finishing up with J.D. Salinger's The Catcher in the Rye. Kind of bummed that I didn't read it in high school (like I was supposed to) because it's the kind of novel that I would have loved to read as a high schooler. I'm also reading Marlon James's A Brief History of Seven Killings, mainly during lunch breaks at work, though with school starting, it may become a weekend read instead. For school, I've also started reading/listening to Frederick Douglass's A Narrative on the Life of Frederick Douglass and reading The LeRoi Jones/Amiri Baraka Reader.  

 • What did you recently finish reading?

Recently got through another week of reading journal submissions as well as listening to the first eight plays of August Wilson's American Cycle (1900s-1970s). 

 

• What do you think you’ll read next?

For school, I'll be reading/listening to Harriet Jacobs's Incidents in the Life of a Slave Girl. I think I'm also going to listen to Piper Kerman's Orange Is the New Black: My Year in a Women's Prison. I haven't seen the Netflix show yet (though it's in my queue), so I thought listening to the book that started it all could be a good way to get into the show.



Thank you for taking the time to read my latest entry. Please feel free to follow and never miss another post by clicking here

You can also email me by clicking here or follow me at  the following social media sites: 

Thanks again for reading 
Alana

No comments:

Post a Comment