Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: FREEBIE (Top Ten Books I'd Love to See As a Movie or TV Show)

 

This week's Top Ten list from The Broke and the Bookish: FREEBIE (I'm doing the Top Ten Books I'd Love to See As a Movie or TV Show because I missed out the first time around)


Movie

1. Kaye Gibbons' A Virtuous Woman: I say this because I caught the adaptation of Ellen Foster a few years back and I really enjoyed it. I think if the same people who did the latter could do the former, it would be a good movie too.

2. Kaye Gibbons' My Life According To Me By Ellen Foster: Speaking of Ellen Foster, I wish there would have been time to do a sequel before everyone from the first one grew up. That would've been cool to keep it consistent. Still wouldn't mind seeing this one turned into a movie too though.

3. Sylvia Plath's The Bell Jar: This may already be a movie and I've just totally slept on it, but since there's already a movie about her, why not have one adapted from her book as well.

4. Andrea Seigel's Like The Red Panda: I loved loved LOVED this book and I think it would make an awesome indie flick. Had someone pictured as Stella as I read it, but that was many years ago. No idea who'd play her now.

Mini-Series

5. Joy Kogawa's Obasan and Itsuka: these amazing books would make an amazing miniseries and since the subject matter (internment of Japanese-Canadians during World War II and the aftermath of this) isn't discussed, I think it's a necessary miniseries. Hope someone makes it.

6. Mary Karr's The Liar's Club, Cherry, and Lit: please!!!!! Pretty please! These would be amazing to see after reading them so many times. Perfect for Showtime or HBO (just sayin)

7. Rebecca Wells' Little Alters Everywhere and Ya-Yas In Bloom: this one is a little tough since Divine Secrets is already a movie, but I think all three could work as a miniseries. I just wish the prequels would've been made into movies alongside Divine so that they could use the same actors in each one.

TV Series

8. Ann M. Martin's Baby-Sitters Club: yes, I know that they've technically already made movies and a series, but there have been so many books that were published after these happened that I think it would be cool to create a series that has the full book series to work with.

Limited Run TV Series

9. August Wilson's American Century Cycle: because how cool would it be to get to see all ten of the plays??? Come on PBS, this would be perfect for you!

10. Virginia Woolf: *cough* BBC *cough* but it would be cool to see her seven novels on the screen (I know Mrs. Dalloway has been done a couple of times, but I haven't seen any of her others)


Thank you for taking the time to read my latest entry. Please feel free to follow and never miss another post by clicking here

You can also email me by clicking here or follow me at  the following social media sites: 

Thanks again for reading 
Alana

2 comments:

  1. The Babysitter's Club would have a great market right now - it would appeal to current tweens & would also have the nostalgia factor for the rest of us! My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My thoughts exactly. And I say this as someone who has fallen in love with "Girl Meets World" What's old is new again and I couldn't be happier.

      Delete