Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Ten Finished Series I Have YET to Finish

 

This week's Top Ten list from The Broke and the Bookish: Ten Finished Series I Have YET to Finish

*for this week, I'm splitting my list into two sections: series I haven't started and don't plan on starting and series that I have started and hope to one day finish. For the first group, I say that I don't plan on starting them, but you never know. Maybe one day. Maybe. *

Series That I Haven't Started And Don't Plan On Starting

1. Harry Potter: I totally missed the boat when it became a big deal in 7th grade. Haven't read any of the books or seen any of the movies...much to the chagrin of just about everyone I know.

2. Lord of the Rings: These became a huge deal in eighth grade when the movies started coming out. Much like Harry Potter the year before, I completely missed this trend as well.

3. Twilight: While I haven't read any of the books, I have seen all the movies (and other gifts that come with knowing pre-teens) and added some lovely songs to my music library. Not a big fan, but they are what they are.

4. Divergent: A lot of people have told me that this is similar to The Hunger Games (which I've read) but I don't have any plans to pick Divergent up. My curiosity may lead me to watch the movies though.

5. The Mortal Instruments: I can't say I know much about this series, but my current reading interests don't align with the series, so it's (currently) a no-go for me.

Series That I Have Started And Hope To One Day Finish

6. Princess Diaries: I have the first four books in this series, but I haven't gotten the chance to read past the first one yet.

7. Baby-Sitters Club: I know the series is finished, but so many came out after I stopped reading them in 7th grade. I would love to find out how it all ends.

8. American Girl: Back in my day (I sound so old...I know....) there were only four girls (Felicity, Addy, Samantha, and Molly) and then they had just released Josefina. The number has at least doubled since then, so I'd love to read about these new girls. 

9. Gossip Girl: I didn't watch any of the series (though I wanted to) because I wanted to read the books first. However, school and an English major got in the way of all of that. Hoping to read the books then binge watch the series on Netflix next time I have a large chunk of free time.

10. Dear America: Like the American Girl series, I started with the original releases, but haven't gotten the chance to read the newest ones yet.

Thank you for taking the time to read my latest entry. Please feel free to follow and never miss another post by clicking here

You can also email me by clicking here or follow me at  the following social media sites: 

Thanks again for reading 
Alana

2 comments:

  1. Oh you MUST read the HP books! So worth the read, even as an adult! My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone keeps telling me that. Maybe one day.

      Delete