Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books On My Fall TBR

 

This week's Top Ten list from The Broke and the Bookish: Top Ten Books On My Fall TBR

*Changing this up just a tad smidge bit because my reading dance card is pretty full this semester. However, I get to listen to audiobooks as I work at job #2 so here are ten books on my Fall To-Listen list

**No books that are assigned make an appearance on this list. All pleasure listens :)

1. Marilynne Robinson's Lila: Yes. Still. But I have it on hold now, so as soon as it's available, I'm listening.

2. Stephen R. Covey's The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: I've been hearing about this book for years, but have never read it. It looks to be a short listen, so I'll give it a whirl.

3. Nick Hornby's Funny Girl: I noticed that I've seen a lot of movies that were adapted from his books, but I've never read him. Looking to rectify that and Funny Girl is the book available for check out.

4. Alan Cumming's Not My Father's Son: it's been a good while since I've read or listened to an autobiography or memoir. I'm looking forward to learning more about Cumming because I think he's hilarious and I've enjoyed several of his roles over the years.

5. Cheryl Strayed's Wild: I'm still a little hesitant on reading something just because everyone else is gaga over it after The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao, but I'll give this one a listen and hope for the best.

6. Bob Saget's Dirty Daddy: what better way to finish killing my childhood than listening to the man who played Danny Tanner say some very un Danny Tannerlike things????

7. Fannie Flagg's The All-Girl Filling Station's Last Reunion: I've been trying to read more of her work. I got to listen to I Still Dream About You: A Novel a couple of years back (and of course read Fried Green Tomatoes... several years ago) and could not stop laughing. Looking forward to listening to something else from her.

8. Billy Crystal's Still Foolin' 'Em: I'll read/listen to/watch just about anything by Billy Crystal. This rule hasn't done me wrong for close to twenty years now.

9. Betty White's If You Ask Me: I've only loved Betty White for like my whole life (grew up on Mary Tyler Moore and Mama's Family reruns and caught the last two seasons of Golden Girls live plus all the reruns). This is a must-listen (though I may have to be careful not to laugh too loudly at work...I do share an office after all....)

10. Debbie Macomber's The Shop on Blossom Street: Now that I'm all caught up on the Rose Harbor series (!!!!!!) I've decided to start the Blossom Street series. I've been putting it off because it's one out of three Debbie series that I haven't read yet (and the longest out of the three), but I'll go ahead and start it up as I wait for the next Rose Harbor book to come out.

Thank you for taking the time to read my latest entry. Please feel free to follow and never miss another post by clicking here

You can also email me by clicking here or follow me at  the following social media sites: 

Thanks again for reading 
Alana

No comments:

Post a Comment