Wednesday, September 16, 2015

WWW Wednesday: September 16


IMG_1384-0
 
Each week, Sam over at Taking on a World of Words asks the following three questions: 
What are you currently reading? 
What did you recently finish reading? 
What do you think you’ll read next?

• What are you currently reading?
  • African American Literature 1850-1900: Elizabeth Keckley's Behind the Scenes, or, Thirty years a Slave, and Four Years in the White House
  • Amiri Baraka and the Black Arts Movement: The Dutchman section of The LeRoi Jones/Amiri Baraka Reader
  • Civil Rights Movement: Chapters 1-4 of Michael K. Honey's Southern Labor and Black Civil Rights
  • Women and Social Movements: Faye E. Dudden's Fighting Chance: The Struggle over Woman Suffrage and Black Suffrage in Reconstruction America
Pleasure/Other Reads: 
I have about two more hours left on Piper Kerman's Orange Is the New Black: My Year in a Women's Prison. I'll finish that today (9/16) and then get started on a new audiobook. And of course, I have new journal submission entries to read.  

 
• What did you recently finish reading?

  • African American Literature 1850-1900: A Narrative on the Life of Frederick Douglass by Frederick Douglass and Harriet Jacobs' Incidents in the Life of a Slave Girl. (we had two weeks to read and work on our discussion posts)
  • Amiri Baraka and the Black Arts Movement: Blues People by LeRoi Jones
  • Civil Rights Movement: Chapters 7-9 of Patricia Sullivan's Days of Hope
  • Women and Social Movements: Lori D. Ginzberg's Women in Antebellum Reform
Pleasure/Other Reads: 
I really slacked off on my submissions readings the past week (sickness will do that to a lass), but other than that, I've been able to keep up with close to everything else without a lot of trouble. 




• What do you think you’ll read next?
  • African American Literature 1850-1900: W.E.B. Du Bois's The Souls of Black Folk 
  • Amiri Baraka and the Black Arts Movement: The Autobiography of LeRoi Jones/Amiri Baraka sections of The LeRoi Jones/Amiri Baraka Reader
  • Civil Rights Movement: Chapters 5-8 of Michael K. Honey's Southern Labor and Black Civil Rights
  • Women and Social Movements: Patricia Schechter's Ida B. Wells-Barnett and American Reform, 1880-1930
Pleasure/Other Reads:   

I need to catch up on submission readings. Hoping to do that the next couple of days because I really like my weekends to be for me, but will read instead if I must. 

I'm also currently in search for another book to listen to while I'm working, but I saw The Godfather was an option, so I may go ahead and start that (and please my mother who's been wanting me to read the series for years now)


Thank you for taking the time to read my latest entry. Please feel free to follow and never miss another post by clicking here

You can also email me by clicking here or follow me at  the following social media sites: 

Thanks again for reading 
Alana

2 comments:

  1. You're allowed to slack when you're sick! I always do. It's almost a requirement. :)

    I hope you're feeling better!

    https://girlof1000wonders.wordpress.com/2015/09/16/www-wednesdays-september-16/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I don't feel so bad about not getting to everything :) Thanks for that! And I'm feeling much better. Modern medicine for the win!

      Delete