Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Author Duos You'd LOVE To See Write A Book Together

 

This week's Top Ten list from The Broke and the Bookish: Top Ten Author Duos You'd LOVE To See Write A Book Together

1. Debbie Macomber and Jan Karan: I haven't read a lot from the latter, but I love both of their abilities to create a series that features both characters that live in a quirky town as well as the quirky town itself.

2. Blanche Wiesen Cook and Ken Burns: both have done a remarkable job documenting the lives of the Roosevelt family on their own, so I wonder what a collaboration would look like.

3. Rebecca Wells and Fannie Flagg: if I could ever create a class about Southern Women Writers, these two would most definitely be in it. They created some amazing works on their own, but together? I can only imagine how incredible that would be.

4. Billie Letts and Dorothy Allison: ditto for what I said about number 3. Or interchange them. Whatever. Even if it's just an anthology of their short stories that they write as individuals, it would be amazing to me.

5. Nella Larsen and Zora Neale Hurston: I know...just use your imagination on this one. They were some of the first African American women writers and wrote about some of the same topics, so I think they would have paired well together.

6. Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton: or heck, any two former presidents/people who have served in national politics who have a lot of common issues that they are attempting to tackle. Ideology aside, it would be a cool way to write about post-Presidential life and what they're doing with the rest of their time.

7. Ta-Nehisi Coates and John Lewis: I think a collaboration about a current day writer who focuses on social/civil rights and someone from the Civil Rights Movement would be a fascinating read. The present is more like the past than we'd like to believe, so it would be an eye-opener for sure.

8. W.E.B. DuBois/Booker T. Washingon or Martin Luther King/Malcolm X: just like I would be fascinated to read a collaboration between the past and the present, I would love to read a collaboration between two people from the same period who were fighting for the same thing, but had two different schools of thought.

9. Gloria Steinem/Betty Freidan: ditt for what I said about number 8.

10. Tony Kornheiser and Michael Wilbon: I love Pardon The Interruption (and just about everything else on ESPN), but I think their rapport is amazing and that they would be able to get through writing a book together without it ruining their friendship and on-screen abilities. I also wanted to add a sports-related book on the list because I love sports and hearing different perspectives about what's happening in the world of sports. 
 

Thank you for taking the time to read my latest entry. Please feel free to follow and never miss another post by clicking here

You can also email me by clicking here or follow me at  the following social media sites: 

Thanks again for reading 
Alana

No comments:

Post a Comment