Wednesday, October 14, 2015

WWW Wednesday: October 14


IMG_1384-0
 
Each week, Sam over at Taking on a World of Words asks the following three questions: 
What are you currently reading? 
What did you recently finish reading? 
What do you think you’ll read next?

What are you currently reading?

  • African American Literature 1850-1900: Fall Break
  • Amiri Baraka and the Black Arts Movement: essays from The LeRoi Jones/Amiri Baraka Reader
  • Civil Rights Movement: Fall Break
  • Women and Social Movements: Dorothy Sue Cobble's The Other Women's Movement: Workplace Justice and Social Rights in Modern America

Pleasure/Other Reads: 
With it being Fall Break, I'm working as hard as I can to read a lot of submissions this week in addition to all of the e-books and PDFs I've downloaded but yet to read. A friend also let me borrow Zadie Smith's White Teeth, so I'm looking forward to reading that as well.

What did you recently finish reading?

  • African American Literature 1850-1900: W.E.B. Du Bois's The Souls of Black Folk
  • Amiri Baraka and the Black Arts Movement: essays from The LeRoi Jones/Amiri Baraka Reader
  • Civil Rights Movement: Chapters 8-9 of Michael K. Honey's Southern Labor and Black Civil Rights
  • Women and Social Movements: Kim E. Nielsen's Un-American Womanhood: Antiradicalism, Antifeminism, and the First Red Scare

Pleasure/Other Reads:
 
Got to read Cormac McCarthy's two short stories (Wake for Susan and A Drowning Incident) for the conference paper I wrote. Not a whole lot of time for submissions readings thanks to that paper and my two midterm essays, but I was able to read a couple of submissions a day. 

What do you think you’ll read next?

  • African American Literature 1850-1900: getting ready to start writing my argumentative essay, so we have a couple of weeks off from reading anything new.
  • Amiri Baraka and the Black Arts Movement: essays for The LeRoi Jones/Amiri Baraka Reader
  • Civil Rights Movement: journal articles and books for my Historiography assignment
  • Women and Social Movements: Danielle McGuire's At the Dark End of the Street

Pleasure/Other Reads:
  
Still not sure what I'll listen to next audiobook wise because the last couple of weeks of my life have been dedicated to Hamilton: The Musical (which, BTW, is ah~may~zing) And of course, there are more submissions to read. 


Thank you for taking the time to read my latest entry. Please feel free to follow and never miss another post by clicking here

You can also email me by clicking here or follow me at the following social media sites: 

Thanks again for reading 
Alana

1 comment:

  1. I've heard great things about 'White Teeth.' I hope you enjoy it! Happy reading and thanks for participating in WWW Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete