Wednesday, October 7, 2015

WWW Wednesday: October 7


IMG_1384-0
 
Each week, Sam over at Taking on a World of Words asks the following three questions: 
What are you currently reading? 
What did you recently finish reading? 
What do you think you’ll read next?

What are you currently reading?

  • African American Literature 1850-1900: Beginning of Fall Break
  • Amiri Baraka and the Black Arts Movement: essays from The LeRoi Jones/Amiri Baraka Reader
  • Civil Rights Movement: Beginning of Fall Break
  • Women and Social Movements: Beginning of Fall Break

Pleasure/Other Reads: 
Still reading through Cormac McCarthy articles and his short stories for my paper. I'm also almost done with Marilynne Robinson's Lila! So glad I got listen to it because as I read and listened to Gilead, I wanted to know more about Lila and her past. Now, I'm getting to!

As always, I'm reading prose and poetry submissions. This week, I've gotten to a couple each day on average, but after the craziness, I plan on going on a submissions-reading binge to try to make some kind of headway on what we have so far.

What did you recently finish reading?

  • African American Literature 1850-1900: W.E.B. Du Bois's The Souls of Black Folk
  • Amiri Baraka and the Black Arts Movement: essays from The LeRoi Jones/Amiri Baraka Reader
  • Civil Rights Movement: Chapters 8-9 of Michael K. Honey's Southern Labor and Black Civil Rights
  • Women and Social Movements: Kim E. Nielsen's Un-American Womanhood: Antiradicalism, Antifeminism, and the First Red Scare
Pleasure/Other Reads: 
Read through about a dozen poetry submissions this week (time has been at a premium the past week or so) 

What do you think you’ll read next?

  • African American Literature 1850-1900: Fall Break
  • Amiri Baraka and the Black Arts Movement: essays The LeRoi Jones/Amiri Baraka Reader
  • Civil Rights Movement: Fall Break
  • Women and Social Movements: Fall Break, but I have a couple of books that I checked out from the library that I'll get a jump on.

Pleasure/Other Reads:
   

Not sure what I'll listen to next. Whatever tickles my fancy and is available to listen when I go searching.
 

Thank you for taking the time to read my latest entry. Please feel free to follow and never miss another post by clicking here

You can also email me by clicking here or follow me at  the following social media sites: 

Thanks again for reading 
Alana

No comments:

Post a Comment