Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Ten Book To Movie Adaptations I Still Need To Watch

 

This week's Top Ten list from The Broke and the Bookish: Ten Book To Movie Adaptations I Still Need To Watch

*for this one, it's basically ten book to movie adaptations I need to see after reading the book first (I really don't like to watch a movie with a known book before reading it...I'm a little peculiar when it comes to this, but seeing what I read on the screen is a really cool experience that I don't like to miss out on.)

1. Muriel Spark's The Prime Of Miss Jean Brodie: Three words: Dame Maggie Smith.

2. Stephen King's Rita Hayworth and Shawshank Redemption: let me tell you how hard it's been to avoid the film adaptation considering that it seems to be on TNT at least once a week since forever.

3. Lionel Shriver's We Need To Talk About Kevin: I've heard good things about the book and the movie; I just haven't gotten around to it yet. 

4. Charles Dickens's Great Expectations: I read the abridged version of the book in 9th grade (kind of glad I didn't know there was a film adaptation...otherwise, probably wouldn't have read the book, which I ended up really liking)

5. Thomas Keneally's Schindler’s List: Not sure why I've stayed away from these, but I have. I hear both are brilliant. I probably should be in a right frame of mind before diving into them though. 

6. Milan Kundera's The Unbearable Lightness of Being: I almost watched this on one of the cable movie channels (actually, I would have, but I forgot to schedule the VCR to tape it...yep...showing my age again....) It's now in the Netflix queue and on the to-read list.   

7. Kazuo Ishiguro's The Remains Of The Day: I've heard this is a good book, but I'm not familiar with what it's about. Either way, I have a policy of watching any and every movie with Emma Thompson in it. She's in this one, and that's a good enough reason to read it and see it. 

8. Cormac McCarthy's No Country For Old Men: writing that conference paper on McCarthy has caused the bug to hit me. I now want to read all of his books and see the film adaptations for the ones that have been turned into movies. I just chose No Country...since I remember that as the one that had all the Oscar buzz a few years back.  

9. Tennessee Williams's A Streetcar Named Desire: I've never been able to read plays, but I found the audio version not too long ago, so I'll give it a listen before watching the movie.

10. Louisa May Alcott's Little Women: I've started the book so many times over the years, but have never made it past page 50. This is on my Winter Break To-Read List though. I will get through it this time around (I hope). 

Thank you for taking the time to read my latest entry. Please feel free to follow and never miss another post by clicking here

You can also email me by clicking here or follow me at  the following social media sites: 

Thanks again for reading 
Alana

4 comments:

  1. Your comment about The Shawshank Redemption is funny. My husband and I always comment that you can probably find that movie on cable TV at least 2-3 week each week. It always seems to be on! I love the book "Little Women." Probably one of the few classics I enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Other people who have read "Little Women" have said that as well. I'm going to make it all the way through one day.

      Delete
  2. I haven't read the book We Need To Talk About Kevin, but the film is really good!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2015/11/10/top-ten-tuesday-30/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to check it out. Maybe during the holidays when I have a free moment.

      Delete