Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Quotes I Loved From Books I Read In The Past Year Or So

 

This week's Top Ten list from The Broke and the Bookish: Top Ten Quotes I Loved From Books I Read In The Past Year Or So

1. "I don't believe that the big men, the politicians and the capitalists alone are guilty of the war. Oh, no, the little man is just as keen, otherwise the people of the world would have risen in revolt long ago! There is an urge and rage in people to destroy, to kill, to murder, and until all mankind, without exception, undergoes a great change, wars will be waged, everything that has been built up, cultivated and grown, will be destroyed and disfigured, after which mankind will have to begin all over again." --The Diary of Anne Frank

2. "When it comes to God's existence, I'm not an atheist and I'm not an agnostic- I'm an acrostic, the whole thing puzzles me." George Carlin's Brain Droppings

3. “'You see, baby, you have to protect yourself. If you don’t protect yourself, you look like a fool asking somebody else to protect you.'” I thought about that for a second. She was right. A woman needs to support herself before she asks anyone else to support her.” Maya Angelou's Mom & Me & Mom

4. "Sometimes you read a book and it fills you with this weird evangelical zeal and you become convinced that the shattered world will never be put back together unless and until all living humans read that book." John Green's The Fault In Our Stars

5. “It’s life. You don’t figure it out. You just climb up on the beast and ride.” Rebecca Wells' Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood

6. “'I don't know if I can face this. You know. The party and the ceremony, and then the hour after that, and the hour after that....But there are still the hours, aren't there? One and then another, and you get through that one and then, my god, there's another. I'm so sick.'” Michael Cunningham's The Hours

7. “Prejudice, a dirty word, and faith, a clean one, have something in common: they both begin where reason ends.” Harper Lee's Go Set A Watchman

8. "To the cheater, there is no such thing as honesty, and to Republicans the idea of serving the public good is counterfeit on the face of it — they never felt such an urge, and therefore it must not exist." --Garrison Keillor's Homegrown Democrat : A Few Plain Thoughts From the Heart of America

9. “A dysfunctional family is any family with more than one person in it.” --Mary Karr's The Liars' Club

10. "But much more often, our lives are formed by decisions within our control, though it may not feel that way" --Suzy Welch's 10-10-10: A Life-Transforming Idea

Thank you for taking the time to read my latest entry. Please feel free to follow and never miss another post by clicking here

You can also email me by clicking here or follow me at  the following social media sites: 

Thanks again for reading 
Alana

1 comment: