Wednesday, November 11, 2015

WWW Wednesday: November 11


IMG_1384-0
 
Each week, Sam over at Taking on a World of Words asks the following three questions: 
What are you currently reading? 
What did you recently finish reading? 
What do you think you’ll read next?


What are you currently reading?

  • African American Literature 1850-1900: Charles W. Chestnutt's The Marrow of Tradition and Paul Laurence Dunbar's The Sport of the Gods
  • Amiri Baraka and the Black Arts Movement: essays and pieces from the S.O.S.--Calling All Black People: A Black Arts Movement Reader
  • Civil Rights Movement: journal articles and books for class and my Historiography assignment
  • Women and Social Movements: Stephanie Gilmore's Groundswells: Grassroots Feminist Activism in Postwar America

Pleasure/Other Reads: 

Submissions, submissions, and more submissions :)


What did you recently finish reading?


  • African American Literature 1850-1900: It was Fall Break and we had to write essays, so we had a brief break from reading anything. 
  • Amiri Baraka and the Black Arts Movement: essays and pieces from the S.O.S. Reader
  • Civil Rights Movement: journal articles and books for class and my Historiography assignment
  • Women and Social Movements: Jennifer Nelson's Women of Color and the Reproductive Rights Movement

Pleasure/Other Reads: 
 
Submissions, submissions, and more submissions.



What do you think you’ll read next?


  • African American Literature 1850-1900: Paul Laurence Dunbar's Selected Poems
  • Amiri Baraka and the Black Arts Movement: Amiri Baraka's S.O.S. Poems 1961-2013
  • Civil Rights Movement: journal articles and books for class and my Historiography assignment
  • Women and Social Movements: Lisa McGirr's Suburban Warriors: The Origins of the New American Right 

Pleasure/Other Reads:  

 You guessed it: submissions, submissions, and more submissions. 


Thank you for taking the time to read my latest entry. Please feel free to follow and never miss another post by clicking here

You can also email me by clicking here or follow me at the following social media sites: 

Thanks again for reading 
Alana

2 comments:

  1. I hope you enjoy reading submissions! Are they at least entertaining to you? Happy reading and thanks for participating in WWW Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading submissions. I wish I had more time in my schedule to read them, but I enjoy doing so whenever I get the chance.

    ReplyDelete