Wednesday, December 30, 2015

WWW Wednesday: December 30


IMG_1384-0
 
Each week, Sam over at Taking on a World of Words asks the following three questions: 
What are you currently reading? 
What did you recently finish reading? 
What do you think you’ll read next?

• What are you currently reading?

Still efforting on Catcher in the Rye and Lorraine Hansberry's Audio Collection (copious amounts of bowl game watching, TV show catching uping, and Hamilton listening put a damper on my reading this past week)

However, I have kept up with submission reading and have been enjoying reading new issues of two of the literary journals I work with  (One Throne and Your Impossible Voice). It's a very different experience reading the final result as a reader as opposed to a reader of a submission or an editor of pieces that were accepted.

• What did you recently finish reading?


In the middle of the aforementioned football watching, TV watching, and Hamilton listening, I did manage to read about 15 or so contest and journal submissions.

• What do you think you’ll read next?


I checked out  the audiobook of Jan Karon's At Home In Mitford. Really looking forward to being introduced to a new series, especially one that I've heard really good things about. Checked out a couple of other audiobooks the last time I was at the library as well, so I may just listen to books and read submissions and fanfics until classes start back up.

P.S: I've purchased what I need so far for the spring (only 21 books between four classes so far (and other things only English majors say) ) I'm already looking forward to reading Sherley Anne Williams' Dessa Rose, so I may go ahead and start reading that before the semester begins.


Thank you for taking the time to read my latest entry. Please feel free to follow and never miss another post by clicking here

You can also email me by clicking here or follow me at  the following social media sites: 

Thanks again for reading 
Alana

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with Catcher in the Rye! Just keep hacking away at it. Happy reading and thanks for participating in WWW Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete