Thursday, January 14, 2016

Reading Challenge 2016 Check In #1


Picture it, not Sicily, between 1995-2002: for me, summertime meant one thing: Summer Reading Challenge time at my local library. There was nothing more exciting to me than filling out the logs we were given and eventually turning them in for some free swag (and making sure to always read enough so I could score a free book or two).

As I grew up, those Summer Reading Challenges became Summer Reading assignments since I was in Pre AP or AP English throughout high school and that went straight into college and me taking classes almost every summer.

Fast forward, my for-pleasure reading is few and far between as books and articles assigned to me in class have taken precedence. One goal for 2016 is to better balance for-pleasure reading and for-class reading. One of the ways I hope to do this is by participating in some of the amazing reading challenges that other bloggers and sites have created.

Here's what I hope to do in the next 350 or so days:


French Bingo 2016 Reading Challenge (words and peace):

French Bingo 2016 card


Reading Bingo for 2015 (found on Cleopatra Loves Books) (I know this was for 2015, but I figure this is an evergreen challenge)
reading-bingo-small

POPSUGAR's 2016 Reading Challenge:


When Are You Reading? (Taking On A World Of Words)

when are you reading 2016 final

Read one book written in following eras:

  • Pre-1500:
  • 1500-1599:
  • 1600-1699:
  • 1700-1799:
  • 1800-1899:
  • 1900-1919:
  • 1920-1939:
  • 1940-1959:
  • 1960-1979:
  • 1980-1999:
  • 2000-Present: 
  • The Future:

Now I know that these are a lot, but...

1. I'm not good with doing things halfway. Either I'm all the way in or all the way out.
2. With the bingo challenges, I don't have to read every single book listed. I can read as little as five to make a bingo or as many as I can/have time for.

I'm also going to (finally) jump in and join Goodreads. Promised myself no more social media after Instagram, but I'll make an exception for this one. But this is it. I'm serious this time. I think.

Also going to challenge myself further by not double dipping (using one book to satisfy part of more than one challenge's) However, I will use books that are assigned to me as well as books that I'm reading for pleasure to fulfill what the challenges ask for.  

I'll post updates as well as (hopefully) reviews of the books that I do read while fulfilling these challenges regularly.



Thank you for taking the time to read my latest entry. Please feel free to follow and never miss another post by clicking here

You can also email me by clicking here or follow me at  the following social media sites: 

Thanks again for reading 
Alana

No comments:

Post a Comment