Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten 2015 Releases I Meant To Get To But Didn't

 

This week's Top Ten list from The Broke and the Bookish: Top Ten 2015 Releases I Meant To Get To But Didn't

Short and sweet this week. Didn't get to these because I skew about 2-5 years behind for just about everything unless someone I know has become obsessed with it (hence my current addictions to Scandal and Hamilton: The Musical). Here are what friends have told me about or what I read about in 2015's best-of posts that were coming out in December. Since some of my reading goals include casting a more diverse reading net and have a better balance between nonfiction and fiction reading, I think this week's list is a good starting point.  

1. Claudia Rankine's Citizen: An American Lyric

2. Ta­Nehisi Coates's Between The World And Me

3. Toni Morrison's God Help The Child

4. Paul Beatty's The Sellout

5. Rosemary Sullivan's Stalin's Daughter: The Extraordinary and Tumultuous Life of Svetlana Alliluyeva

6. Chigozie Obioma's The Fisherman

7. Priya Parmar's Vanessa And Her Sister

8. Lauren Holmes's Barbara the Slut and Other People

9. Alexandra Kleeman's You Too Can Have a Body Like Mine

10. Hanya Yanagihara's A Little Life


Thank you for taking the time to read my latest entry. Please feel free to follow and never miss another post by clicking here

You can also email me by clicking here or follow me at  the following social media sites: 

Thanks again for reading 
Alana

1 comment:

  1. Oh so many books! How are we to read them all?! My TTT List, which doesn't overlap yours at all given the timeline and genre. However, you have some good books up there to read. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete