Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Resolutions I Have For 2016

 

This week's Top Ten list from The Broke and the Bookish: Top Ten Resolutions I Have For 2016


1. Read more books that aren't required for school: I think that 95% of the books I read last year were assigned. I plan on balancing for-school and for-pleasure reading this year. 

2. Listen to more audiobooks: one of the ways I hope to read more books that aren't required for school is to start listening to more audiobooks. My defaults are listening to music or sports-related podcasts, but I hope to incorporate audiobook listening into my regular routine.

3. Complete a reading challenge: I'll talk more about this on Thursday, but I used to love participating in summer reading programs when I was younger. It's so cool that they have them for adults as well. 

4. Join Goodreads: a little odd, but I've been pretty slow with incorporating social media in my life and Goodreads is no different than the others I've eventually joined (or chosen to stay away from).

5. Visit the library more often: I'm only a couple of miles from the main branch of the city library, but I don't stop by very often. I'm going to change that this year and make it a regular part of my schedule.

6. Read the book before watching the movie: the only way I know that some movies are film adaptations is because I always watch the credits (some of the best songs from a movie's soundtrack are played during the credits). Going to be more diligent about finding out a movie's origins before watching it.

7. Read more poetry: while I can easily read or listen to prose, the same doesn't go for poetry. I love listening to it, but I have a hard time reading it. This year, I'm going to put more of an effort in actually reading books and chapbooks of poetry.

8. Better balance online reading and physical reading: I spend a lot of time on the computer, so a lot of what I read comes from the internet. I still carry a physical book with me whenever I go out, but I'm not very good at reading it when I have a free moment.

9. Get out of my reading comfort zone: reading challenges are going to help introduce me to a broader range of authors than I'm used to reading. I've found myself in a very narrow niche the past few years, so it's time to branch back out and read books from authors that I'm not currently acquainted with. 

10. Finish what I started: there are so many books and series that I have started over the years, but haven't completed. I'm going to work on restarting where I left off (or starting over from the beginning) and see what all I can finish this year.


Thank you for taking the time to read my latest entry. Please feel free to follow and never miss another post by clicking here

You can also email me by clicking here or follow me at  the following social media sites: 

Thanks again for reading 
Alana

2 comments:

  1. I am using the library more with both physical copies and ebooks.
    I hope that you enjoy Goodreads. I sure do.
    As far as finishing those series, I am in the same boat. I start them so much faster than I finish them.
    Best of luck with all of your 2016 goals!
    -Smart Dames Clever Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with all your 2016 goals!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2016/01/05/top-ten-tuesday-38/

    ReplyDelete