Wednesday, January 13, 2016

WWW Wednesday: January 13


IMG_1384-0
 
Each week, Sam over at Taking on a World of Words asks the following three questions: 
What are you currently reading? 
What did you recently finish reading? 
What do you think you’ll read next?

• What are you currently reading?

I'm currently listening to Marilynne Robinson's Lila as well as Jan Karon's At Home In Mitford. As far as reading, in addition to reading publication and contest submissions, I'm also reading Josh Kaufman's The Personal MBA: Master The Art of Business for professional development.


• What did you recently finish reading?


I finished listening to The Catcher In The Rye!!!!! So stoked about it, but a little bum because high school me would have absolutely loved that book (made it through my 3 1/2 years of high school in spite of the only assigned books that I actually read were To Kill A Mockingbird and books for Pre AP/AP Summer Reading projects. Don't try this at home kids.) Better late than never though.

As far as submissions, went on a reading spree this weekend. In all, I've read about 50 submissions since this time last week. Hoping for another reading spree because we're pretty backed up at the moment so it'll be good to make some headway when there's still time.







• What do you think you’ll read next?


Next up, I'll be listening to Marilynne Robinson's Gilead (and hoping above hope that she'll write a third novel that focuses on John and Lila's son (fingers crossed) ) and reading Jan Karon's A Light In The Window in addition to more submissions. School starts back next week, so hoping to use some of my upcoming four day weekend to get through what I can before class begins.


Thank you for taking the time to read my latest entry. Please feel free to follow and never miss another post by clicking here

You can also email me by clicking here or follow me at  the following social media sites: 

Thanks again for reading 
Alana

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on finishing 'Catcher in the Rye!' What a great accomplishment. I hope I can read it soon. I've been told my high school self would have loved it as well. Happy reading and thanks for participating in WWW Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete