Wednesday, January 20, 2016

WWW Wednesday: January 20


IMG_1384-0
Each week, Sam over at Taking on a World of Words asks the following three questions: 
What are you currently reading? 
What did you recently finish reading? 
What do you think you’ll read next?

• What are you currently reading?
  • African American Literature 1930-1960: We don't actually have our first meeting until Monday, but since I know that Lorraine Hansberry's Raisin In The Sun is our first text for the semester, I'm reading/listening ahead (luckily for me, I still have Lorraine Hansberry's Audio Collection with me)
  • African American Literature 1960-1988: I'm reading handouts and starting on James Baldwin's Another Country.
  • The U.S. Since 1945: Chapter 1 of Steven M. Gillon's The American Paradox and handouts
  • The World Since 1945: Nothing's been assigned yet, but I have seven books to read plus a historiography to write, so I may just get started reading whatever gets delivered to me first until we get our reading schedule. 
Pleasure/Other Reads: 

I'm currently listening to Marilynne Robinson's Gilead (again) and reading journal and contest submissions.
 
• What did you recently finish reading?


I finished listening to Marilynne Robinson's Lila (again) and got through about 30 submissions. Not going to lie, most of my four day weekend was spent reacquainting myself with fanfiction. 


• What do you think you’ll read next?

  • African American Literature 1930-1960: Langston Hughes's Not Without Laughter
  • African American Literature 1960-1988: The Autobiography of Malcolm X
  • The U.S. Since 1945: Chapter 2 of Steven M. Gillon's The American Paradox
  • The World Since 1945: hoping to find out soon...
Pleasure/Other Reads: 

More submission readings (always submissions to read ;) ) as well as continuing to listen to Jan Karon's At Home In Mitford and reading Josh Kaufman's The Personal MBA: Master The Art of Business.


Thank you for taking the time to read my latest entry. Please feel free to follow and never miss another post by clicking here

You can also email me by clicking here or follow me at  the following social media sites: 

Thanks again for reading 
Alana

2 comments:

  1. happy Wednesday Please come check out my post to www Wednesday: https://firstdreamofbooks.wordpress.com/2016/01/20/www-wednesday-3january-20-2016/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck in your classes. I start back February 8th. Enjoy the break to read fanfiction, I missed that a lot during school. Happy reading and thanks for participating in WWW Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete