Monday, December 31, 2012

How Did I Do?

1. Cook at least once a week. Like actually cook with ovens and stoves, not just nuking a meal.
Umm. Didn't happen. I don't cook for myself. Never have and I don't really have much of a desire to. Something about the more dishes I use, the more dishes I have to wash and I'm really into doing as few chores as possible. Mommy prefers Chunky Soup and TV dinners. Not sure if that's because of my (lack of) cooking abilities or just because it's quicker and easier. Either way, haven't needed to cook a lot this year.

2. Find a primary doctor and start taking care of myself physically (finally...I'm getting on up there, ya dig :~/)
Check! Going back in January for my third HPV shot and my flu shot. Knock on wood I don't get the flu before I can get the shot.

3. Take my TExES and GRE tests. Passing them wouldn't hurt either.
Took all four and passed them all the first time! #WalkOff

4. Decide once and for all if and when I'm going to do this grad school thing and get the ball rolling if I do.
I decided. All that's left for me to do is get my letters of recommendation and pay the app fees.

5. Finish reading Debbie Macomber's Cedar Cove series.
Finished in August...

6. Then read all of Jane Austen's novels.
...then got sidetracked by school and books from the library, so I haven't started Jane's novels yet. Winter in Austen anyone???

7. Find a half marathon to jog in (is there really nothing between a 10K and 13.1 miles??????)
Had to stop running in March for what turned out to be an ovarian cyst. Next month will be six months clean, so I'll start again then. Even found some insoles for my running shoes (I've had them for four years next month) so I can try to remain injury-free and start running in races again. 

8. Split myself evenly between the time I spend doing things for and with others and doing things that I enjoy.
Was I able to do this??? I say I was successful with this one. Just have to work on the balancing aspect of doing so.

9. Continue to be open to meeting new people and experiencing new things.
Meeting new people took a backseat this year as I reverted back to some of my agoraphobic tendencies for most of the spring and summer, but I'm still good on trying new things.

10. Learn how to let the little things go. And some of the big ones too...okay, stop wasting my time on what I can't change and either let it go or write about it and get rich off of it :)
Haven't written any stories about the little or big things, but I do have about a dozen songs on such topics that didn't exist last year. Check. 

11. Dedicate more of my time to writing and (Am I really doing this again????? Guess I'll have to until I man up and do it) Publish a story.
Didn't publish a story, but I did spend more time writing. I've started several short stories and plotted out several more of those as well as monstrosities. I'll find myself actually finishing some of these in 2013...

12. Read at least two major religions' holy books excluding the Bible since I've already read it.
Didn't make this one though I do now have a Quran and live near a library that has most of the major holy books. This will be an ongoing project starting in 2013.

The diagnosis:
This year was a strange one. March-August were a wash with random object growing on my lady parts, but I feel like I've done a lot in spite of that particular misfortune (which, it turns out runs on at least two sides of my family. Know your histories ladies and gents. It could save you from mayhem like that...)

I don't feel like I accomplished too much, but I am feeling some things I've never felt before: fulfilled and content. So task-wise, 2012 was marginal; life-wise, 2012 was my best one yet. Hoping for more of the same in 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment