Sunday, November 3, 2013

NaNoWriMo Day Two

Trudging along with the rewrite. Instead of overwhelming myself by trying to deal with a huge chunk of the original story, I'm going scene by scene, adding it to rewrite document and fixing some of the more obvious issues as I go.

Won't do a full edit until I've got it all down, but I think going little by little and tweaking what stands out may help in this step as well.

This is a departure for what I regularly do because I try to edit as I go, but I've noticed that while that works with short stories, it doesn't work with these monstrosities and I think that's why I always hit a wall with them.

Anywho,
Today's (albeit inflated) word count: 2,688/1,667
Total word count: 6,193/50,000


Thank you for taking the time to read my latest entry. Please feel free to follow and never miss another post by clicking here.

You can also email me by clicking here or follow me at  the following social media sites: Facebook Google+ LinkedIn Twitter   

Thanks again for reading 
Alana

No comments:

Post a Comment