Tuesday, November 5, 2013

PAD Chapbook Challenge Day Five: Concealed Poem

I'm Fine, Thank You For Asking
Hi, how are you? Good? That's good.
Me, you ask? How am I doing?
Well I feel like the world is closing in on me
I feel like expelling my last ounce of energy
Screaming from the top of the lungs
That I'm not okay.
I'M NOT OKAY! 
I have never been.
I'm angry, furious, with the world around me.
I can't stand to look into the eyes of the ones who betrayed me.
I'm tired of smiling, so tired of hiding.
Tired, so tired of denying.
But I'll laugh my laugh
I'll tell another joke
And make believe that I'm alright.
How am I, you question?
I'm fine, thank you for asking.

Thank you for taking the time to read my latest entry. Please feel free to follow and never miss another post by clicking here.

You can also email me by clicking here or follow me at  the following social media sites: Facebook Google+ LinkedIn Twitter   

Thanks again for reading 
Alana

No comments:

Post a Comment